Who we are:
40 Years, Inc. is a small, high performance team of experts in neuroscience, neurofeedback, mindfulness, meditation and biohacking. We provide customized, state of the art neurofeedback training services to people from all walks of life who are looking to increase their focus, creativity, calm and focus. Our headquarters and training facility in in the east hills of Kent, WA. Though our team is small and our culture is casual, we are dedicated, smart and passionate about the science and art of neurofeedback. We take the training of our clients very seriously. We know that every client we work with is expanding and is going to go out and use their newfound talent and focus to make an impact on their friends, family and colleagues. 40 Years is founded by Dave Asprey, founder of Bulletproof Digital and a NY Times bestselling author.
Who you are:
Your experience spans multiple roles in the high end hospitality, medical or spa industries. You’ve done the hands on client experience work. You’ve managed a small team, then a large team, and then the full business. You’ve owned (and grown) the P&L and revenue. You are a networking queen or king, who knows how to work a room and make each client or potential client feel like they are the only one there. You’ve done high-end product sales (or you’ve managed a team that has.) Your middle name may be “problem solver”.
What you’ll do:
The General Manager owns and coordinates activities for the 40 Years of Zen Programs, Training Center, marketing, sales and R&D projects. This role is responsible for ensuring a profitable business, quality client experience, employee management, facility preparation and maintenance. In addition, the role will establish and monitor organization standards, ensure projects, research and documentation are scheduled and completed by the appropriate staff.
- Build the company image by collaborating with clients, partners, contractors and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
- Participate in formulating and administering company policies
- Develop ongoing strategic planning by studying technological and financial opportunities, presenting assumptions and executing on the proposed plans.
- Constantly improving operational efficiencies, reviewing objectives and suggesting resources to achieve a balance with the client experience, employee experience and profitability
- Prepares and follows budgets for the expense side of delivering the Mastermind program; Manages expenses to budget (i.e. food, supplement, tools, employees, contractors, etc.)
- Performs day to day HR and payroll functions, leveraging HR contractor as needed/appropriate
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine department or division progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Develops and provides reports on achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions.
- Manages sales process and staff; plans ahead and owns the weekly attendance levels
- Oversees key R&D projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis
- Manages collection and response to client feedback, inclusive of resolving issues and communications with the staff who provided the service
- Oversees facilitator, neuroscience, admin and chef departments to review work quality, output, engagement, client feedback; resolve operational or performance problems to ensure minimum costs, prevent operational delays, retain talent and to meet future growth.
- Ensures all company and client paperwork, signed releases, brain maps are appropriate filed online or in the filing cabinet, per approved process
- Checks and ensures the client experience files are filled out and up to date each week.
- Provides on-site client support, as needed (i.e. providing clients with their handouts, coffee, opening the center in the morning or closing the center in the evening)
- Plans and executes on 40 Years of Zen event scheduling and attendance
- Responsible for ensuring employee and contractor performance meets the high standards of client care and compliance with company policies
- Develops, reviews, updates and manages, in conjunction with neuroscientist, research and development data collection
Skills and Experience:
Performance Management, Staffing, Management, Coordination, Coaching, Developing Standards, Process Improvement, Decision Making, Strategic Planning, Quality Management, Business Acumen, Problem Solving/Analysis, Project Management, Strategic Thinking, Marketing and Sales Experience
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This is a full-time position. Occasional local travel is expected with this position.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you feel drawn to this position, please submit a cover letter (or video, piece of art or whatever best conveys who you are) and resume to: email@example.com
Tell us about you, what you love to do, what fuels your life, and why you would be interested in this kind of work.